Friday, April 25, 2014

My Mother and I in Search of Hookers... Sort Of...

View full article Looking for Hookers with My Mother… In Amsterdam

Excerpt:

"Not a lot of people can say that they went out looking for hookers with their mother, but I can. Shortly after college I went on a cruise with my mother, aunt, and members of my aunt’s church group. We started in England and traveled the coast of Norway eventually ending up in France. We made several stops along the way wandering through the towns taking in the sites and learning about the area. We joked that I was becoming my mother’s body guard as I would follow a couple steps behind her and pull her out of the way of bicycles, cars and whatever else might come our way.

One night at dinner my mother, my aunt, my aunt’s friend and I were talking about tomorrow’s activities in Amsterdam. My aunt and mother were discussing how they heard that the prostitutes in Amsterdam stood in glass storefronts. The three of them, I thought, were joking when they decided it would be fun to find these ‘hookers in the windows.’ My mother scheduling this activity would not have been too shocking, but it was unexpected from my aunt and her friend as I thought it was a well known fact that hookers are rarely kept in the nice part of town.

Anyway, that afternoon after seeing the sights, my mother, aunt, her friend, and I went out looking for hookers. The belief was that hookers wouldn’t go on duty until the afternoon, so as it got dark we started trying to find the red light district. As it became clear that they were not joking, I started to protest."

Full article Looking for Hookers with My Mother… In Amsterdam at Rambling Web Blog

No comments: